Thank you for your interest in teaching for Cherry Hill Seminary! Please read the information below to see if we are a good fit for each other.
Faculty for Cherry Hill Seminary must:
- Support and promote the core values of Cherry Hill Seminary and Pagan-centered ministry.
- Be comfortable with the Populi online classroom and Zoom technology needed to deliver high quality courses or be willing to learn via the tutorials and teaching modules offered by CHS.
- Establish and maintain highly professional behaviors as an instructor, keep appropriate class hours, respond to student messages and return graded assignments and projects in a timely manner, and complete end-of-the-semester grades and paperwork according to established deadlines.
- Be available for department meetings, committee assignments, and student advising as needed.
- Demonstrate appropriate academic and experiential background for any course assignment.
- Instructors in the master’s program must hold a terminal degree from an accredited college or university.
- If you would like to teach an Insights course (adult education or professional development that doesn’t require students to be admitted through the graduate program. These courses are 4-weeks long), then please apply through the 2nd link below. We are always interested in adding to our community education program.
Applicants are encouraged to review the Seminary catalog for information regarding our curriculum.
New courses offered through Cherry Hill Seminary must meet several criteria:
- Reflect the core values of the Seminary and Pagan-centered ministry.
- If teaching in the master’s program, provide semester-long academic rigor worthy of a 3 credit Masters-level course, requiring 135 hours or more of student work, with all the support and evaluation accompanying such a course.
- Offer current scholarship and up-to-date materials that fill a requirement or serve as an appropriate elective within one of the major areas of study offered.
- Acquire approval from the Academic Dean.
If you would like to propose a new course, please do so through this online form.