Duties of Librarian: (posted 12-20-18)
• Reports to the Academic Dean.
• Develops library policies as needed.
• Develops a long-term plan for the Cherry Hill Seminary library and updates periodically.
• Develops and fulfills annual goals aligned with long-term library plan.
• Develops and maintains a repository of materials, as well as a list of online resources, for use by students, faculty and staff.
• Fulfills faculty and student requests for articles to which Cherry Hill Seminary has subscription access.
• Develops and maintains educational guidelines for online information literacy.
• Coordinates with the New Alexandrian Library as needed and appropriate.
• Serves on Seminary committees as needed.
• Completes other duties as assigned by the Academic Dean.
• Answer email within 48 hours unless out of town.
• Inform Academic Dean and Executive Director if you will be unavailable for more than 48 hours.
• Provide reference support to faculty and students per library policies.
• Support organizational fundraising as appropriate: coordinate all library fundraising with CHS director.
• Interface and collaborate with other Seminary staff as needed, e.g., to support marketing, educational and organizational objectives.
• Participate in Student Catalog revision as needed.
• A terminal degree in a related field preferred.
• Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and use good judgment about personal information.
• Commitment to excellence and to the Seminary mission.
• Must have own high-speed internet connection and computer.
Approximately six-eight hours per week, flexible time.